Saturday: Cleaned house, packed, drove to Lakeland for dinner out and the Chris Tomlin concert with Louie Giglio (it was great by the way). It was our 3rd time seeing Chris Tomlin in concert and our first time with floor seats, we both really enjoyed it. The 3 of us spent the night at my mom and Tim's house.
Sunday: The 5 of us (my mom, Tim, Matt, Elyse and I) drove to Orlando, checked in at the hotel and left Elyse with grandma and Tim so Matt and I could take a client of his to the Arnold Palmer Invitational golf tournament. After we got back to the hotel we all went to Downtown Disney and ate dinner at the T-Rex Cafe'. We expected a long wait, over-priced food but a fun atmosphere. The food wasn't cheap but it was really good and the atmosphere was so much fun for Elyse. I took a video using my iPhone of her at the restaurant. There was a "meteor shower" every 20 minutes and the dinosaurs would come to life and there would be a prehistoric storm of sorts. It was animated, noisy, dark and very entertaining to Elyse. You'll have to take my word on how adorable the video was because it accidentally got deleted. Matt and I were both bummed when we realized the video was gone. She would look around the restaurant with wide eyes in such amazement then her jaw would drop. It was seriously one of the cutest things ever.
Monday: Disney day. Did any of you see the weather? Sunday's weather report forecasted "scattered storms" but led us to believe it would still be a good day to go to the theme park. We awoke to a little drizzling but the radar stilled seemed promising so we all headed to the Magic Kingdom in hopes that it wouldn't last all day. It did. It rained and it poured. We purchased overpriced ponchos and chose rides where the lines were almost all covered but by 2pm we had our fill and went back to the hotel in hopes that after a long afternoon nap, it would blow over in time for an evening at the park. The only part that came true was the long nap, the rain didn't ease up for a second. We decided to check out a day early and head home since the forecasted weather for Tuesday didn't look any more promising.
Tuesday: We are home. It's gorgeous out. I've lost some confidence in weather predictions.
I'd say I would post pictures but because of the rain I hardly took any. We did the best we could but our Disney weekend turned out to be a bit of a drip (pun intended).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(111)
-
▼
March
(8)
- We're home
- Despite how much I've learned lately, I'm finding ...
- Matt and I both like seafood but neither of us kno...
- Trusting God with the "what ifs"
- Elyse is going to have a ............................
- A close friend asked me to take some pictures at h...
- After passing bronchitis and the stomach flu aroun...
- Today I am choosing to be thankful. Elyse was hit...
-
▼
March
(8)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment