Friday, January 6, 2012

Baby L Pics

A friend of mine had a new baby about a week ago and asked me to take a few pictures of him today.  I'm so proud of his mommy!  She had a home birth after her first was delivered by cesarean at just 34 weeks and had to stay in the NICU.  This mommy knew she could do it and she did!  Right on time, her second little boy was delivered safely at home and everyone is doing great! 

I always have a hard time when people ask me to take pictures.  I LOVE doing it, I really do, but I also have no clue what I'm doing.  I shoot away and hope a few turn out.  This mommy wanted to pay me and there was no way I was going to accept it.  I told her I was happy to do it but to keep her expectations low.  You get what you pay for, which as long as I remain free, doesn't give people room to complain and that makes me happy and keeps it low pressure for me which in turn allows me to continue to enjoy doing it.

Here's a few from today:







Enjoy your new addition!

2 comments:

Jessica K. said...

These are amazing, especially for "not knowing what you're doing"!! You should really look into doing it professionally. How about photographing birth? (especially home births) That is a huge passion of mine but I've yet to be able to learn how to use my DSLR!

Ursula said...

Thank you so much Jessica! It's something I really enjoy and I'm trying to learn more about. It's funny you mention doing it for births because Matt and I were talking about the same thing! I could be a doula/photographer/RN....odd combo, but why not?! I got a DSLR a year and a half ago and am just starting to learn a few of the settings. Those cameras are capable of SO much! I really would like to learn more too!

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!