Monday, January 26, 2009

2 years ago today . . .

A truly perfect proposal ice skating in beautiful Beaver Creek Colorado, January 26th, 2007. He popped the question and I said yes. In many ways I can't believe it's already been 2 years ago that he asked the question I had been hoping he would. In other ways it feels like forever ago.

This picture awakens the girl that cried such overwhelming tears of joy at the thought, the dream of what building a life with this amazing man would be like. The new, vibrant love was so apparent and so evident in every thought, action, and word between them. The girl in the picture went on to marry that boy and now they are having a baby. . . they are literally living their dream.

Remembering the butterflies and inability to think about anything but him causes me to realize how much our love has changed and grown in such a short time. We aren't quite as mushy as then, and the just because cards and flowers have decreased. We don't call each other several times a day just to say hi and say I miss you. It has become so much more than that. As his wife, his supporter, and his help-mate I love and embrace this role I was designed for. He is my helper, encourager, husband, and best friend. He is my rock, my soft place to land at the end of any day or situation. It's the fact that he is a man of extreme character that I have come to appreciate the most. He is sensitive, reliable, and a man of extreme integrity; three characteristics that I hope to never take for granted and I could not do without.

My boyfriend became my fiance' that day, who later became my husband, and is now the father of my child. Each role he has taken on in my life only reveals more and more to me what a wonderful man I said yes to and I would say it 100 times over.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!