We had a very busy weekend as usual. I'm finding I look forward to weekends more now that I stay at home than I ever did when I was working. I'm not quite sure why that is though. I'm sure in part it's because Matt loves to do things for and with Elyse and anyone with a child knows how wonderful an extra set of hands are. Maybe it's because we go and do so much...either way, I'm always thankful for Friday.
This past Friday I went to my friends Rachel's birthday dinner in Lakeland. It was a lot of fun and I had a really good time. The best part was that Matt had baby duty for all of Friday evening and night...poor guy though, it was the first night in a couple of weeks that Elyse woke up a few times. He handled it so well and I greatly appreciated it.
Saturday we went over to the McClung's for a barbecue and we always have a good time over there. Sunday found us with Matt's family in Port Richey enjoying lunch outside surrounded by the laughter and squeal's of playing children. I love that sound. Elyse slept through the whole thing. I love that sound too.
I took a few pictures but I forgot my camera at the McClung's, so I'll have to post them when I get it back. It may not sound like we did much, but we were seldom at the house and it never fails to amaze me that the less we are here, the bigger mess we leave behind as we walk out the door. Oh well, that's what Monday's are for....recovering from the weekend. I managed to only forget 2 things on my grocery list and I already have almost all the laundry done.
Speaking of grocery shopping I'm trying to do things differently and more budget conscious that ever before....yet our grocery bill is the highest it's ever been, so obviously I need to get better at it. I know I should watch the ads and buy what's on sale at the different retailers, combine that with coupons, and create my weekly meal menu based on that but it's easier said than done. It isn't easy lugging a newborn in a car seat from store to store to buy chicken breast here and broccoli there. She typically gets hungry at or between stores which really throws a wrench into things. There I am with a screaming baby and a cart full of thawing frozen goods. Today I made it home, but once here she awoke and was hungry which left my groceries pre-cooking in the Florida heat still in the back of my car. My other option is to visit different stores on different days, but that doesn't really appeal to me. I could try to hit a couple of stores on a weekend and leave Elyse with Matt, but I like to leave our weekends errand and chore free if it's something I can accomplish during the week. Ugh.
My other problem is that I usually forget my list or my coupons and if I remember my coupons I forget to use certain ones because I don't have an organizer for them yet. I priced organizers online and what people want to charge for them would take up 2 weeks worth of coupons. I keep meaning to buy supplies to make my own, but the thought never makes it to the shopping list, so here I sit typing about it. I will get better at this. Rest assured in a few months time I'll be able to write my own little praise report about a lower grocery bill, organized coupons, and a more efficient way to grocery shop....I hope anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(181)
-
▼
August
(16)
- It seems that lately I either have nothing to do, ...
- Ok....so I organized my coupons and I'm rather ple...
- 2 month visit
- Saturday Elyse and I went to Madeira Beach to spen...
- Today's pictures just might beat the ones I posted...
- Seriously.....I get to keep her?Oh....and in case ...
- Distracted
- Who made the water cold?
- Monday ramblings
- Baby talk
- I don't know what it is about a baby in a hat that...
- Her rash is looking MUCH better after a weekend o...
- I am really starting to notice changes daily in El...
- Wonderful day!
- Today Elyse and I went to visit our friend Leanne ...
- There isn't a whole lot for me to report on for th...
-
▼
August
(16)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment