Monday, December 7, 2009
What a weekend! It was pretty low key actually, but somehow that made everything we did so much more special. The weather was cold, damp, and dreary which we welcomed as an excuse to stay indoors. We watched football and ate pizza one night and watched a movie and ate surf and turf with king crab legs another. The surf and turf was one of the best dinners I have honestly ever had, and grilling steaks is something Matt does VERY well. Even the steak I had from Burn's couldn't top his (although I'm sure cost had a factor in that). Aside from small group on Friday night and church on Sunday, that's about all we have to show for our weekend and I like that. Today I need to get the house back in order, run an errand, and hopefully visit a close friend who just had her baby girl yesterday. I love watching friends become mom's now. There is so much I've wanted to express to her, share with her, prepare her for, but there just aren't the proper words in the world to express the joys and heartache of parenting. The way your heart doubles in size and the new perspective you have on everything......it's miraculous, amazing, and incredible, but no true way to describe it to someone else. Then when you see them with their new baby, you just know that they know, no words are even needed......I love that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(181)
-
▼
December
(14)
- He went before us
- Merry Christmas
- 6 months old!
- Our Christmas card. I may have a hard time topping...
- Another busy weekend!
- This picture is definitely worth 1,000 words
- Whirlwind weekend
- Comforted
- Wow!
- Rut
- What a weekend! It was pretty low key actually, b...
- Compliment
- It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....
- The decisions continue
-
▼
December
(14)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment