Friday, February 26, 2010

Loren, Landon, Elyse and I went to the zoo again this week and the weather was absolutely gorgeous. I was thankful to be able to spend the entire afternoon outdoors and we accomplished 4 miles of walking while enjoying it. Then the weather turned cold, wet and dreary so we stayed indoors and yesterday and today it's been even colder. Part of me hopes this weather will pass soon because seeing frost on our neighbors roof this morning is an odd sight in Florida when it's almost March. Then again I know I'll be wishing for a day like this come mid August so I'm just going to try and enjoy it for the time being.
Because of the cold weather Loren and I decided to do some mall walking/shopping yesterday although I think we did more shopping than anything else. It's funny to me how simple it is to have a "good" or "fun" day now. A good day now consists of getting out of the house with Elyse enjoying it and behaving in the process. It really is that simple. She was so entertained by the attention some little girls gave her and it tickles her to pieces to get out of the stroller and stand in different stores. I guess my fun-o-meter has shrunk to her size, I like that.

Small group is at our house tonight and I am determined to get some chores done today. I'm doing chicken and dumplings in the crock pot today to embrace the cold weather and keep things simple for this evening in hopes of preventing me from running around like a mad woman later on. We'll see if it works.

Here are a few pictures I couldn't resist posting. The many faces of Elyse! She has become so much more fun to photograph now that she can sit up well but still isn't mobile enough to scoot away very fast. We're having professional pictures done next weekend and I think most of them are planned to be outdoors so I hope both weather and baby cooperate, imagine the chances of that!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!