Thursday, April 7, 2011

As mentioned in a previous post, a friend and I made a cake for my older sister, Adrienne's, baby shower.  She has decorated the cutest room for him with a bird/birds nest/nature theme so I wanted to somehow tie that into the cake.  Baking is definitely not my thing but I actually really enjoyed doing this and I was rather impressed with how good it tasted.   


 Her are the 4 layers used to build 2 tiers.  We wanted to color the cake baby blue but when the blue dye mixed with the yellow cake we got green, so we went with it.  I actually thought it was a pretty color myself.  
 Loren made the delicious pastel green icing from scratch.
 We used marshmallow fondant to make cut outs of little birds.
 We colored all of the frosting green but remembered we needed some brown as well, so using red coloring we turned the green into brown.
 Elyse helping Loren bake.
 The finished cake!


 He shall be called Ethan.
 I made the centerpiece for the table along the same theme, the newspaper bird is barely hanging onto it's branch.
The 3 cousins very excited about getting a slice of the cake!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!