Thursday, October 27, 2011

I annoy myself

I lack proper time management and the discipline to get out of bed early to start my day.  I've used pregnancy and middle of the night feedings as excuses for lingering under my sheets and eyelids.  I'm disorganized and lazy if I want to be honest with myself.  Well, may!be not lazy, because once my feet do hit the floor I'm generally going non-stop until I'm back in my bed again. 

I'm fortunate that Elyse is a good and late sleeper.  She goes to bed between 7 and 8pm and we consistently get a good 12-13 hours out of her each night and a 2 hour nap each afternoon.  Our spirited little girl needs her rest, and we respect that.  Given that she is a late sleeper, I truly have no excuse to slumber as late as I do in the mornings.  Even if I got up at 7, chances are I'd have at least 30 minutes before she awoke, if not an hour and a half on her later mornings.  Adley's routine is still in the making but for the time being she is following suit with being a later riser and I'm more than okay with that.  However, I NEED to make myself get up to spend quiet time, exercise or whatever.  I need to organize my time throughout the day, each day of the week. 

I'm good at chores.  I'm good at keeping things rather tidy, dirty laundry baskets empty, bathrooms clean and shelves clear enough of dust to satisfy us.  I am not good at organizing and shopping for a weeks worth of lunches and dinners or keeping clothes neatly folded in drawers.  I'm good at making sure toys are put away each night but not organized enough in their locations.  I pray.  I read my bible.  But not like I should, how I know I should, or as often as I need to.  I'm not sure what all of this says about me, but I would like to get better at all of it. 

Tomorrow I will wake up early.  God, please kick me in the fanny to help jump start me.  Amen.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!