Monday, March 5, 2012

Adley is 6 months old today

Some days seem so long and often weeks tend to run together but it literally feels like I've blinked and 6 months with Adley Lyn have gone by.

First we had the concern over her eye tracking delay and then at 6 months of age she still hasn't rolled over, doesn't babble much, but is still the sweetest most content baby I've ever met.  I began to get a little unsettled over the fact that she hadn't rolled over.  After the eye scare, I just didn't want her first year to be one "delay" after another.  Not that I don't trust that she's perfect, I just didn't want to have to go through anything unnecessary again.

Well, apparently, for now, she skipped rolling over and went right to sitting up without delay at all.  She also got her first tooth this weekend.  For a 6 month old baby, that is a very big weekend.


I went to a close friends baby shower on Sunday and seeing all of the tiny baby things and feeling so thankful for this couple (this has been a very long journey for them to be anticipating this long awaited bundle) made me want another baby.  I quickly remembered I had my very own at home, but there is just something about baby showers that carry a sweetness that's hard to express.  I think it's largely due to all of the adorable, sweet, brand new, tiny baby things to ooh and ahh over but no babies around to recall the work of it. 

My baby is growing and changing, she has been since we saw two pink lines on a tiny white stick, but this weekend it hit me.  It all really does go by so fast and milestones truly are bitter sweet.  I can't wait to pinch her cheeks, massage her tooth, and make her giggle when she wakes from her nap.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!