It always amazes me how a busy weekend, when we're seldom at home, wreaks havoc on the house. When we're on the go and in and out, come Monday, the house is much more cluttered and messy than if we had been here all weekend. Today was clean up day from not being here much at all.
Saturday we went and looked at flooring, visited Oma and went for a boat ride with Opa.
Oma is doing well, she really is. Even if her mind isn't always with us at our visits, her warm smile, gentle touch and genuine love for our family is there every single time. I'm not sure if she remembers the girls from visit to visit but I'm positive she enjoys every silly second of their company. Elyse often plays the organ for us while we're there and little tactile Adley likes feeling Oma's knit sweaters. I enjoy quietly observing this amazing woman, the legacy coming behind her, and my husband who simply adores her. His love for his grandmother, the closeness of their relationship is something that amazes me. It's such a wonderful gift and one I hope to pass on to our girls.
Adley did not like wearing the life vest one bit. They both did great on the ride though. The weather was just beautiful. It was one of those moments I absolutely love living in Florida. I have those moments a lot, especially this time of year.
Opa even let her have a turn steering the boat.
These are the shrimp boats that go out each evening at dusk to gather shrimp until the wee hours of the morning. I thought they looked so neat lined up like that, awaiting their next journey.
Sunday afternoon we went to Sarasota Polo Club with a group of friends. None of us really understand the game or know the teams playing but we've gone just about every year for several years now. It's a wonderful, different reason to get outside and enjoy spring weather in Florida on soft green grass where walking around barefoot is not only allowed, but expected. The kids enjoy stomping divots and watching the horses. The adults enjoy a spread of food, a game of corn hole, watching the kids play, and just great friends having a good time.
By time we got home yesterday evening we were dirty and tired. We threw together some tacos and ate them on the patio before giving the girls an early bedtime. The busy weekend yielded a 3.5 hour nap from Elyse today.....that was bliss!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment