Thursday, May 3, 2012

This Saturday is our communities biannual yard sale.  It's a big event.  Hundreds of yard sales for miles and miles.  It's fun.  It's my version of Black Friday, yes, I get that excited.  

Each time I find some of the most exciting buys.  Toys, kids clothes, decorations.  It's true treasure hunting.  

This weekend will be our first time participating on the selling side, so my spare time this week has been consumed with yard sale prep.  It's been emotional because almost all of it is baby stuff.  All those sweet little baby clothes size newborn to 9 months, bouncy seats and baby toys, slings and carriers......we're moving on.  This is our family.  There is a bittersweet peace in that statement but somehow I'm not sure if my heart is ready to let go of such miniature things that represent such a huge part of our life.  

I want more kids.  I want a dozen more.  What's desired and what can realistically be taken on, I'm learning, are two entirely different things.  I have the heart for a gigantic family but, right now, the patience for 2 and often times not even that.  So, yard sale it is.

I'm thoroughly enjoying their interactions lately and the relationship only sisters can share is emerging.  Sure, Elyse is the alpha female and Adley is content to just be in her presence, but they are both enjoying each others company and that's so much more than I expected.

Here Elyse is taking Adley shopping in her doll grocery cart.  I honestly cannot recall a bad moment between these two as of yet.  Elyse is so nurturing and, at not even 3 years old, is very conscious of putting Adley's needs before her own.  She seems so big.  So maternal.  So sweet.  Makes me so proud. 


 At the park the other day Adley would get excited since she was swinging like Elyse and she would kick her legs with excitement.  It was the kind of kick only babies can do when their body expresses all the joy they don't have the words to say.  I call it smiling with their whole bodies.  Elyse would mimic her kicks back, so there they were, laughing and kicking together in the swings.  It was pure joy for all 3 of us.  



I've never seen a baby be more precise and purposeful in her tactile exploration. She inspects even a blade of grass with such focus and intention.  Moments captured like this also remind me how thankful I am she can see.  She has no idea we ever feared she couldn't, but it's almost as if she doesn't take one bit of her senses for granted.  She isn't even close to crawling yet because she will find something to satisfy her within arms reach, even the fuzz of a rug.  If I could describe her in one word, it would be content.  Love that.  


Our baby things will go, now it's time to watch mine grow. *sniff*sniff*

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!