Thursday, September 11, 2008

My very first blog entry

This is so exciting for me! I have been wanting to start blogging for quite some time now. My computer skills are minimal to say the least, add to that I can be a procrasinator, and here we are, months and months later I'm typing my first entry!

I want to savor memories and capture moments, blogging seemed the perfect fit. I have been inspired by many other blogs, and at times, someone may just find me a little interesting, so here it goes.

I guess I'll just start with today.

On second thought, I don't know if I like that idea. Today is a bad example of a way to draw my family and friends to my blog, but then again, it is what it is.

Today I did laundry, washed rugs, did dishes, got dinner ready and in the fridge because we have small group at church tonight, vacuumed, changed the sheets, and cleaned the bathrooms. I know, sounds exciting. The odd part, for me it actually is. I love starting a weekend with empty laundry baskets and a clean floor. Weekends that start like that are usually filled with the things Matt and I actually want to be doing, not the things that have to be done.

This weekend we are attending Weekend to Remember (www.familylife.com/weekend), a marriage conference/seminar in downtown Tampa. I can't speak for Matt, but I am very excited about it. I love learning new things and I strive to lay a firm foundation for our little family of two to the best of my ability. I often fail and fall, and I'm far from the perfect anything, but I can honestly say that I try.

Tonight before group, I will go to my favorite gym class . . . kick boxing! It's fun and high energy, I look forward to it every week, and every week it kicks my butt.

I'm not quite sure how to taper off and end a blog entry, so I'm just going to say goodbye and hopefully you'll visit again sometime. :)

1 comment:

Linda A. said...

I think you did a great job on your first attempt and I enjoyed reading about your every day life. Love, Mom

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!