Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My wonderful mother

Today is my wonderful mother's birthday. Whenever I can, I want to pay a little tribute of sorts to members of my family on their birthdays, and today, that's my mom.


I love my mom because she's my mom, but I love her for many more reasons than just genetics.



The most common description people give me of myself is that I genuinely care for other people, regardless of if I know them or not. I am thankful that I somehow reflect that character, and if I do, I get that from my mother. She has a heart that's just about as big and soft as anyone I've ever known. She is a lover of animals, a noble assistant to women in labor, a fantastic grandmother, a woman who still adores her 3 daughters, she always has an encouraging word to offer when needed, she has a sensitive spirit that causes her to feel with people, not just for people, her spirit is sensitive because of her tender heart and her tender heart is what makes her such a loving and amazing person. She is also willing to try new things and doesn't let her past dictate her future. Although she is another year older and wiser, she is still as young as ever inside!

I love you mom, Happy Birthday!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!