Friday, September 26, 2008

Perfect

Today was perfect. I seldom use that word, but there is no other way to describe today.

I slept in, the weather was beautiful, I did no chores to speak of, I laid by the pool for a bit, and made a very tasty and unhealthy dinner of sun-dried tomato chicken alfredo on a bed of pasta (I LOVE pasta). I seldom brag on any sort of meal I make because frankly, there haven't been many worth bragging about, but this one was worth every last calorie.

Then tonight we went to our first small group meeting and it already feels like home. There were about 9 young married couples and we all hit it off. We talked about all the usual stuff, but God stuff as well. It was so refreshing to be in that kind of environment. Joining a small group where Matt and I could connect with other couples in our area has been on my prayer list for quite some time. The desire to "do life" with people has been on my heart for awhile. Patience paid off because we have found our niche in the right one and God's finger prints are all over it. I am so excited to be a part of it and I'm really looking forward to the growth and relationships that I'm confident have already begun to sprout. Trying to grow in my Christian walk is hard and I struggle daily, I need this.

Fall weather, relaxing day, tasty food, fun fellowship, couch time with Matt. Perfect.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!