Monday, March 2, 2009

Beautiful beach day

Saturday we went to the beach for the day. It was absolutely gorgeous. . . busy, but gorgeous. You could tell with all of the recent cold snaps that people had been waiting for a day just like that to hit the sand. I wish Matt could have been in the picture with me, but we were walking down the beach where it was relatively secluded, so it's just a solo shot me my belly and I.

I'm not the biggest fan of seagulls because they circle over you and will swoop down and take food right from your hand if you're not careful, but this one seemed to be posing just for us.

The longer I live here, the more and more I fall in love with Florida . . . yes it gets hot in the summer, but there is just something so amazing and calming about being able to relax at the beach for a couple of hours. You can drive a short distance to grab a waterside lunch at a local restaurant, hear the waves crash against the shore, and feel the warmth of the sand between your toes all in time to be back for dinner at home. In a matter of just a few hours we had felt like we had tasted vacation.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!