I only worked one day this week due to low census at both hospitals I work for....the economy even trickles down to nurses sometimes. People feeling insecure leads to delaying having children which leads to less births which equals me not being needed at work.
This normally would bother me quite a bit because I love my job and I like financially contributing to our household. However, this week it was a blessing in disguise because I have been extremely tired. Even on a full nights rest I feel exhausted throughout the day and although I haven't taken a nap in years, not having to be at work for 13 hours on my feet has really helped.
I'm also probably extra tired because of the busy weekend we had. It was a good...no, wonderful and busy filled weekend including a lot of time with many different friends. Wednesday was errands, chores, and more chores. Thursday my friend Rachel and I went to the beach for the day, and it was gorgeous as usual. We hadn't hung out in awhile and it was so nice to catch up and just have girl talk all day. Friday I had a few errands and appointments and the evening led us to Madeira for our friend Kristin's birthday party...good food, good friends, good times. Saturday had us up and early and a group of us heading to Air fest 2009 at Macdill Air Force base downtown. It was warm out but a busy breeze kept the day comfortable and it is just absolutely amazing what those massive air crafts can do and the sounds they make doing it. We were home from the festival long enough to shower and change to go to our friends 5 years of being cancer free celebration! I didn't know her well during her numerous battles with breast cancer, but I was honored and thankful to be able to celebrate such a wonderful anniversary with her. Everyone wore pink, the punch was pink, so was the food, and she just glowed. I sent up a prayer of thanks for her health and I was humbly reminded of the miracles provided by our Great Physician.
Yes....we were busy and it continues as I type...no wonder I'm tired. We are going to go see Oma today and the dryer just buzzed with a reminder that there is much to be done here at home as well. My goal is to be satisfied with getting a few things done and not allow myself to stress over the list of things that I know will remain. However, I also hope this new found fatigue won't linger long and I will be back to myself soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(181)
-
▼
March
(15)
- 29 weeks....
- Tired
- Safety first
- Inadequate
- Feeling lazy
- When God smiles
- Restoration
- Ahhh Sundays
- At small group on Friday, my friend Julie pointed ...
- I love my husband......just felt like saying that.
- Busy week continued into a busy weekend
- Barking dogs
- Sinking in
- Beautiful beach day
- Courage to cook
-
▼
March
(15)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment