Friday, May 8, 2009

Baby updates

We are almost 35 weeks now!!!! To an NICU nurse, that is VERY exciting. We saw the doctor Friday and we were able to have another ultrasound...those are always fun. My weight gain has been on the low side and I've measured small once or twice, so he just wanted to check her size and make sure she was progressing like she should. They guess her weight to currently be right at 5 pounds which puts her perfectly in the 28th percentile and anticipate her to be right at 7 pounds on her due date...so despite mommy's size, Elyse is right on target!

My has she changed from the grain of rice with a heartbeat we saw on the screen back in October. They image had to be magnified numerous times to get a peek of the flickering peanut, and now she consumes my entire belly with her head nestled in my pelvis and her bottom just below my chest. She was squirming, moving, and we could see her practicing her breathing movements. She even puckered her lips a few times and we could see her moving her tongue around in her mouth. The tech pointed out a "fuzzy" image surrounding her head and informed us that was her hair! Apparently it looked like she has lots of it, but I'm still skeptical on that one, I anticipate a beautifully bald baby.

The nesting phase of the pregnancy is well under-way and I've officially done her first load of laundry, now I'm just trying to get it all organized.

As I type I can feel her hiccuping and her feet have discovered my ribs within the last couple of weeks. Her movements can be seen through a fitted t-shirt and she moves all over the place before finding her "sweet spot" to settle into when I'm getting into bed. I dream of what the moment will be like when Matt and I see her for the very first time, when these months of anticipation come to fruition, when the numerous decisions, detailed planning, and hours of preparation boil down to a split second when we become parents. The two of us became one the moment we were married and we will be made a family when she's placed in our arms. My mind can't comprehend what that will be like and my body can't contain the joy, I tear up each time I think about it. At times I want it all to happen now, but more often, I want to soak and savor every aspect of this unique, intimate time we're in.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!