Monday, May 18, 2009

Lazy Monday

I've pretty much officially stopped going to my Monday morning gym class these days. I felt it was getting a little too intense for how far along I am and it seems that life in general takes what energy I have, so I'm trying not to feel too lazy about it. I suppose I should at least continue going to the gym and getting on a stationary bike or something to keep active...maybe tomorrow.

On another note, it's no secret that Florida is dry. Our area has been on strict water restrictions for awhile now, but we have actually gotten some wonderful rain lately. It's been the typical afternoon and evening storms that are so classic of Florida summers, but with how dry it's been lately, I've really enjoyed the rain. I allowed myself to linger a little last night when I would be on one of my multiple midnight walks around the house and just watch the lightening flicker through the blinds. It was that quiet kind of lightening, the kind that didn't share it's splendor with thunder but just gently let you know the storm was moving away. I couldn't even hear rain, only see the subtle flashes that would cast a glow against my bedroom wall. I liked it a lot. It was even more of a treat when I was able to sleep in this morning because the storm clouds kept Mr. Sunshine from knocking on my eyelids and the rain created an orchestra of perfect white noise to get that extra amount of sleep my body craved. The hard part it, now that I'm awake, the dreary weather causes me to want to be lazy. I've done a couple of things, but all I want to do is curl up on the couch with a book and a blanket and enjoy the storm....I'll have to balance that in somehow. Storms somehow make laziness more acceptable to me.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!