Thursday, May 21, 2009
Unspoken language
I woke up dark and early as usual for work this morning. It's recently been becoming a struggle to put my knee-high support hose on before I get out of bed, but I've managed to do it thus far without any trouble, but it's getting harder. This morning as I was putting them on Matt gently stirred next to me, leaned over and rubbed my back, and in his sleepy voice said, "do you want me to help you baby?". It was pitch black in the room, he couldn't even see what I was doing, but he knew and he was willing to help despite the frustration I'm sure was there for being woken up. I don't know why, but that made my day. It means so much to me that he can often anticipate my needs without me saying a word and is more than willing to do what he can to help me. It's that sort of unspoken language that develops over time. The language that you can almost see being spoken in silence between an elderly couple at a store or restaurant. Where thoughts are anticipated, needs are met, words are few but volumes are spoken. I admire that and it excites me to see our language growing and developing in a culture all its own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(181)
-
▼
May
(16)
- Date night...probably the last like this for awhile
- Excited
- I haven't posted anything since Saturday because t...
- Lazy?
- Unspoken language
- Progress
- Lazy Monday
- Tired and thankful
- Continuing to learn
- Loosing myself
- I just got back from my first "mommies" lunch. Tw...
- Under the weather
- Mother's Day
- Baby updates
- Our daughter's name
- Chore basket of blessings
-
▼
May
(16)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment