Friday, April 30, 2010

All four categories!

I made lime chicken picante last night and it was very good! So good that I'm going to post the recipe below. It has a little bit of a kick/tang to it but the way the flavors marry each other truly impressed me. It met all 4 of my criteria categories and normally I'm pleased if I can at least meet 3. The categories are: healthy, easy, cheap, and good! Meeting just 3 of these is often hard, but then again cooking in general is a challenge for me. Matt is a very saucy guy so I almost tripled the ingredients and we had just enough sauce for our 3 chicken breasts even though the recipe calls for 6.



Ingredients
1/2 cup chunky salsa
1/4 cup Dijon-style prepared mustard
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons butter
6 tablespoons plain yogurt
1 lime, sliced into segments
Directions
1. In a shallow nonporous dish or bowl combine the salsa, mustard and lime juice. Mix well. Add chicken, cover dish and refrigerate. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade and add to skillet. Saute, turning frequently, until browned on all sides. Meanwhile, boil remaining marinade in a saucepan for 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Add boiled marinade to chicken, and saute another 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and marinade is starting to glaze. Remove chicken to serving platter; raise heat to high and boil marinade for 1 minute. Spoon marinade over chicken and top each breast with 1 tablespoon yogurt and 1 lime wedge. Serve.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!