Thursday, April 22, 2010

Spray park

It's Florida. It can get hot. I have a 10 month old. I don't have truck loads of money. These simple facts led us to the Oldsmar Spray Park today! Free, wet, fun!
Don't worry, she warmed up to it eventually.

She didn't mind watching it, but actually touching it was a whole different story which is funny because last night at swim lessons she "dove" off of the wall, went under water and attempted to swim to me. It's pretty impressive. Actually she just dislikes the wall of the pool so much that she just chose falling into the pool, dunking under water and trusting that I would catch her to sitting on the rough concrete wall alone and cold. Don't worry, I did not fail her. I was thoroughly impressed with her and how far she has come in such a short amount of time with these lessons. I desire to be that sure and confident in my faith. When the wall of life gets too rough and this world feels far to cold I need to just fall to my God without any hesitation at all. Elyse didn't pause for a moment. She was unsure and didn't even wait for the count, with panic in her eyes she just dove to me. I was there, I comforted, I reassured, and I put her back on the wall. Sometimes that's all I need as well. I am continually amazed at the things I'm being shown through the "simplicity" of being a mother.


Our friend, Ivy, from up the street went with us. She is much more fearless than Elyse and is 3 months older. Her mom, Lindsey, and I are hoping the girls will be great friends :).

Cruise control. This is just about all she wants to do with every waking moment of the day, be walked around. My back sure does feel it by the end of the day but her wobbly little legs are just so sweet.

Tomorrow night I will be hosting small group alone. Matt is out of town for work and lands late tomorrow night so I will be solo in having the house clean, Elyse fed and in bed, and ready to facilitate the group discussion. Nothing new there ;), it will just seem weird without him.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!