I was sitting in church this morning feeling a little heavy. Not burdened, not hurting, just heavy. This heavy feeling has plagued me lately over things that I do that I know I shouldn't and for things that I know I should do and don't. Nothing major, but definitely things that I need to address before it creeps like spilled oil into other areas of my life. I allowed this heaviness to wedge separation in my spiritual life and I'm not sure exactly what I felt of how to describe it, but I didn't feel good. I've always heard that feelings are facts but I've also learned in life that they are not absolutes. I needed to lean on what I know to be true, not on those feelings.
The worship team played the perfect song at that moment, the absolutes took over and the feelings were washed away. I'm much lighter this afternoon and rejuvenated over the clean slate that I've once again been provided and reminded of.
We had a friends over Friday evening, a family get together Saturday afternoon to welcome baby Isla, and today is low key and restful. Matt and Elyse are both napping before we run some errands this afternoon and I'm already looking forward to getting showered and in my pj's for our Sunday movie night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(130)
-
▼
July
(10)
- Saturday we went shopping at the International Mal...
- In some sort of round about way I managed to get t...
- Making tissues dance
- Yesterday I saved $17.50 on just 4 or 5 items than...
- This is going to be a quick post, but I just want ...
- Someone else could do it better
- I was sitting in church this morning feeling a lit...
- My husband is wonderful. I've always known that b...
- It's late. Matt and I were tired so we went to be...
- Another "it's official" update......my dad and Sus...
-
▼
July
(10)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment