Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Earning my stripes

Elyse tossed the graham crackers a total of 7 times today. It was heart wrenching. She was acting okay, at one point she was walking around carrying her purse (she is a total girl) and tossed them then. She walked right into it, slipped in her own goods on the tile and slammed her head on the floor. It was bad. By the 4th time I had a call into the pediatrician, by the 7th they had called me back and wanted to see her because of her age and weight already.

We waited and waited and waited. I didn't mind because she was such a good and snugly girl. She just sat in my lap and laid her head on my chest and we rocked back and forth as I sang, "He's got the whole world in His hands.....". She NEVER lays on me. She NEVER sits still. She NEVER cuddles. Puke or not, I'll take it where I can get it. Even after 2 different baths we both wore the rancid smell.

They checked her glucose and gave her a pedialyte popsicle challenge. If she could keep it down we could go home, if not, hospital for IV fluids it was. Yikes! Talk about pressure! She did pass and we are home now. She is resting peacefully even though she has an extremely empty stomach.

My prayers are for a completely healed tummy and a restored Elyse.

Toddler tossing the graham crackers.....I've officially passed the threshold from baby spit up. This is a whole new ball game.

I just wanted to see her little smile since she was so miserable today and I hadn't posted pictures in awhile so I wanted to share them with you too.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!