What a weekend!
While at work on Friday Matt was offered Ray's tickets that also included food and drink. All we needed was a babysitter and I had about 4 hours to figure that out. After about 7 phone calls we got one and we were able to go. It was our first time using this sitter and she charges us $10 an hour!!!! I tried to negotiate but she stuck to her guns and we agreed to pay it. However, I did let her know there was some laundry that could be done once Elyse was asleep so that helped me feel like we got a little bit of our money's worth at least. We had a great time even though the Ray's lost. I've learned that as much as I love to be spontaneous with things like that, now that we don't get out as much I really appreciate having something to look forward to as well. I was thrilled that we were able to go but having a date circled in a pretty bright color on the calendar in anticipation is half the fun to me as well.
Saturday we took advantage of the sales that coincided with the tax free weekend and did rather well if I do say so myself. That night we had some new friends over. A couple and their daughter who is just a little younger than Elyse and live about 5 minutes away. We had a great time visiting with them and enjoyed grilled pineapple chicken, summer salad, and red potato wedges that were cooked on the grill as well. It was a great dinner! I made some no bake cookies for dessert and since Matt likes them cold we completely forgot to take them out of the fridge until after our guests were gone. Oh well, more for us.
After church on Sunday we went to Mark and Kathy's for some back to school swimming with all the kids. Near a pool is about the only way I can stand Florida's August heat so it worked out rather well.
I was lazy today. I took a morning nap while Elyse took hers, ran a couple of errands, then as the lack of productivity glared back at me this evening I managed to get a few things done so I didn't feel quite as lazy. The alternate progress will continue tomorrow when the carpets get cleaned but moving things in preparation for that has not been fun this evening. It will be worth it in the end though.
My mom is coming tomorrow for a couple of nights and I'm excited about that, it's definitely a great way to start the week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(130)
-
▼
August
(8)
- I love kids and bubbles.Well, I caught Elyse's bug...
- Earning my stripes
- Pedicure
- Wow....I certainly don't update as often as I used...
- What a weekend! While at work on Friday Matt was o...
- Alternate progress
- I took my laptop over to my dad's house last night...
- Wow....it's been almost 2 weeks since I've posted
-
▼
August
(8)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment