Monday, May 2, 2011

We tasted the best of Tampa Bay and it was good!

Saturday night Matt and I went on a date night to Taste the Best of Tampa Bay which was held at the Straz Center as a fundraiser each year.  This is a family picture the babysitter took of us before we left.  I'm 24 weeks now and feeling very large and I wonder what in the world I'm going to look like come the end of August. 
The tickets Matt's firm provided allowed us to get in an hour earlier than general admission so we had first picks of the freshest food without any hassle of waiting in line.  Of course our second time around was a little more crowded but we knew then what was worth waiting for and our stomachs had a little time to make room for more!

I had never been to an event like this and if we have the opportunity to go back there are a few things I would do differently.  I would have paced myself a little better and done smaller samples first to make sure I had room to try all of the goodies.  I had never had mussels before then but I was able to sample some great roasted ones from The Columbia.  I also filled up on local lasagna and burritos.....those I would skip  next year and eat more of the things I don't get very often.  It was a great experience and a wonderful idea for a date night.  There was live music on 5 different stages, the weather was gorgeous and we truly had a very unique and special time together.  I hope somehow we can go back next year.   

 The tables either overlooked fountains, UT, or boats going by in the Bay.  I just loved the color scheme. 
 There were vendors lined up indoors at out, over 50 local restaurants were represented and you could get anything from fondue from the Melting Pot to sushi from Kona Grill.  I liked going from appetizer/meal foods to desserts and back again.
 Oyster Catchers had these great little....ummm......treats!  I'm not sure what they were but they were light, had some fluff and a hint of coconut. 
 They also offered some very delicious lobster mac n' cheese. 
 More fondue.
 Chocolate!
 I love dumplings and spring rolls!
 Outdoor vendors along the water.
Us :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!